While searching on the Internet in April 2012, I happened to find an article about John Legere, CEO and president of T-Mobile US. This article, entitled "from local roots, a global success", was published in the Sentinel & Enterprise, November 30th, 2010. (http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/ci_15193632)
At the time, I wondered if he could be a descendant of Jacques Leger dit Larosette. The fact that an article had been published about him in the Sentinel & Enterprise (Fitchburg, MA) was already a sign. It was a sign since many of Fitchburg’s resident are of Acadian descendants, but that is hardly hard proof.
The article mentions the name of his mother and a sister. Combining this information with the obituary of C. L. John Legere, and I gotten the information that I needed to connect John Legere to the Leger / Legere family.
John Legere’s lineage is:
- John Legere is the son of C.L. John Legere and Jean Bishop.
- C.L. John Legere was the son of Louis Claude Leger and Evelyn Palioca.
- Louis Claude Leger was the son of Louis Leger and Marie Robichaud
- Louis Leger was the son of Florent Léger and Anne Cormier
- Florent Léger was the son of Pierre Léger and Henriette Goguen
- Pierre Léger was the son of François Léger and Rosalie (Bourg) Bourque
- François Léger was the son of Olivier Léger and Marie-Josephe Hébert
- Olivier Léger was the son of Jacques Léger and Anne Amirault
- Jacques Léger was the son of Jacques Léger dit Larosette and Anne Madeleine Trahan.